Saturday 20 December 2014

In My Bag


Here's what I purchased recently (and hopefully my final 'non Christmas' order) all in the name of fitness.

Running gloves


Where better to wear your hi-viz than on your hands as you hold them aloft in the middle of the road to a disgruntled van driver.



Ooh get me and my two pairs. Well, after stacking it like a drunkard earlier this year, the rips in my existing gloves are proving a little drafty for those winter morns. These gloves provide a warm fleecy inner to tackle Jack Frost. Maybe I should have just got these in a hi-vis...


Shorts


It's pretty clear from this blog post alone, that I adore Nike products. Their Dri-Fit fabric is sensational and a joy to run in. I own many pairs of these as the inner short keeps you 'locked in' and the handy zippered pocket is useful for keys and a credit card.



Whilst one would never (repeat never) wear these solely, they offer great compression and layer well with a shorter short. And let's be honest, it's never a bad thing having nine inches underneath your shorts.


Tops


What's not to love. Anthracite (college talk for Grey) and road safety 'Volt'. Tick.



I think the term 'compression' is a little far-fetched here but an absolutely perfect top to take away the chill. Running a marathon? Forget about all that Vaseline and plasters nonsense, just wear said garment and the only rub you'll get is that of congratulations from your loved ones on the finish line.



For compression, my go-to brand is Adidas and their wonderful Techfit range. Irregardless of their Philippine overhead and economies of scale, when you see what is involved in this garment, £19.95 is nothing less than extraordinary.



It's hard to believe that this is my first and only running jacket. My, I really brave those winter climes. Anyway, now I have one and it's all bright and yellow and orange, and it has a little zip pocket...and there's space for an LED on the back. I can't wait to test drive it!



Image of Postman Pat: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment