Sunday 14 December 2014

In My Bag


Exercising almost every day across three disciplines requires a great deal of kit. Here's what fell through the letterbox (or less romantically, what was left with the concierge) recently.

Nutrition 


In training, I rarely take fluid let alone nutrition but for the longer jaunts and when racing I always carry gels on my person. This race pack is one of the best selling items on Wiggle and phenomenal value. A no-brainer and also includes a handy bottle for use on the bike. Ever wondered why every other cyclist has a High5 bottle in their cage?



25 gels for less than 50 pence each. If your cupboard has more bottles than glasses, then this is for you.


Socks


You cannot have enough socks. Good job then, as I purchased another four pairs. I don't get blisters. Like, even after 100k when it's raining and muddy and stuff. When your gear works for you, don't go changing. I think 'Anti Blister', 'Elite Cushion' and 'Cushioned Dynamic' more-or-less mean the same.


Accessories


I've been watching a lot of Ultrarunning videos recently. All the guys have beards and long-hair and just look really cool. Sadly the hair situation ain't gonna happen, but I can certainly emulate their bottle du jour. On one side is a small compartment for keys, phone and a couple of gels and on the other is a strap to slip the hand through for effortless handling. 


Swimming


Training close to work and also close to home, I'm building 'two of everything' into my wardrobe. Up until now I've been Aquasphere since day one, and they've served me well but such are the reviews on the Zoggs I thought it best to venture astray.



When parading up and down the pool, I don't want to be faffing too much with my fluids, so the nozzle-free feature together with fine ergonomics should allow for swift turnarounds. Yes, I am quite manic.


Image of Postman Pat: Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment